Sunday, December 28, 2014

How has my SWISS ARMY KNIFE reminded me of LOTUS THOUSAND HANDS GUANYIN

The Swiss Army Knife is a foldable knife that contains other tools, such as a can opener and screwdriver, that can be switched out when needed.  It is issued to many militaries worldwide and used by many travellers or at home.
 
The Swiss Army Knife once saved a pilot's life who managed to slash a locked seatbelt and escape before the crash-landed plane exploded.  It became handy for us when my father once used the Swiss Army Knife to cut fish bait at Bedok jetty which reminded me of Lotus Thousand Hands Guanyin's Sword.
 
When I needed to tighten a loose screw on my bed frame, I turned to my Swiss Army Knife for a Philips screwdriver that is somewhat similar to the Spear that Lotus Thousand Hand Guanyin held.
 
And when camping, the magnifying glass on the Swiss Army Knife seem to highlight that Lotus Thousand Hand Guanyin does hold a Sun because campers harness the sun rays with the help of the magnifying glass to start a fire without a lighter.
 
From what I see, the Swiss Army Knife has specially selected tools compiled into 1 body, similar to the many items held by the same Lotus Thousand Hand Guanyin figure.
 
The multi-tool Swiss Army Knife
Lotus Thousand Hands Guanyin Crystal with her many hands and items
-- Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment