Sunday, January 25, 2015

Have you Harvested what you Sow?


When a farmer cultivates the field for plantation, there are more to its process than what meets the eye. The germination needs just the right amount of water, the field needs to shoo away the rats and crows. And even at times you had made full preparations and taken all precautions, unforeseeable circumstances can make all your effort go to waste. Farmers depends very much on their harvest for their livelihood, but after so much work, harvest is still not a guarantee.

Ok don't quote me, because honestly I know almost next to zero about what farmers do. :P

But I do know a thing or two about life, and how it can let you down despite how talented you are, or how much pain and sweat you've put in for that something that you really want.

Because I've been through, I've been it so many times I've lost counts. I've never thought of myself as  stupid or talentless, but the increasing number of failures in my life made my start to doubt myself. In the end, I stopped trying altogether. Not being blessed with the knowledge of the power of fengshui, I've been circling around the same spot for so long I've wasted so much of my time and opportunities.

But I was blessed, because somehow after hanging out along Upper Thomson for almost 10 years, I finally spotted the stretch of glamourous looking shops that have turned my life around. 

For those of you out there who understands the woes I've been talking about, have you tasted your fruit of labour? Have your hard work and prayers rewarded you with the best you've always been wishing for? Don't you just wish you that one thing you've been working so hard for your entire life is finally happening for you? Right in front of you?

To those out there who are reading this- don't be me. I didn't have to chance to wonder and ponder behind that screen of yours, thinking whether should I come down… or should I not come down. I wasn't blessed to know about it earlier than I would like but I walked in the minute I know about this place. It wasn't a 180 degree change, but it's continuously improving.

How about you? When would you like to harvest what you had sow?

No comments:

Post a Comment