Sunday, September 27, 2015

How my Lotus treasures keep me in career safety

A recent article by my fellow writers club at Lotus reminded me of how my Lotus treasures managed to keep me safe in my career.

A few years ago, I applied for a position at bank.  It was a prestigious bank that I had also would like to be part of.  On the actual day of interview, I was brought to a different level that showed me the beautiful scenery of the sea.  I thought to myself, it was going to be smooth sailing like to lush blue sea on the horizon.

As I thought that this interview should be routine for the interviewer, I tried to make it more interesting by touching on the Greek election.  This is both a hot topic at that time that may have rampant repercussions to the rest of Europe and the world, as well as affecting the bank’s possible exposure to unwanted risks.  I treated this like a conversation piece and also as a means to convey to the interviewer my thought process and if this manner of thinking would add value to his department.

After an hour of interview, I left the glass building and waited for a reply.  I did not receive any reply informing me whether I had passed the my interview, even after 1 week of waiting.  I guess that this was normal for unsuccessful applicants.  I called up my HR consultant and realized that I was not offered this position.

1 month later, as I scrolled through Google to I read on some news, I saw the bank going through an episode that severely needed improvements in certain area of its operations.  This resulted in some monetary losses.  And the department that I was declined for potentially could be affected by this.

I thank my Lotus treasures for avoiding this even though on the surface of reality, it seems like a rejection, it was a blessing.  I was still back at my job, with an increased gratitude that I was wearing my Lotus treasures.
 
For starters, bountiful careers start with the Lotus Leaves of Consecutive Blossom
 
-- Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment