Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Vow



When I was younger, a ring to me, symbolise love.

It represents the commitment to each other when your significant other wraps it around your finger. At least that is, to me, because when my mom used to teach me colouring or drawing when I barely even know how to read, her ring glistered against the light whenever her hand moved when she taught me the strokes. While she was with me at home, my father was at his shop earning a living. Days gone by for them without spending every second with each other, but that ring was a promise.

A promise that no matter what they were doing, where they are, they will stick together through thick and thin, because there is love.

When I was introduced to Lotus fengshui, the significance of a ring to me never change, however this time, this one, actually didn’t just symbolise, it actually contains power.

Fengshui power, that is.

While you can always customize them into engagement rings as well, there are more to it. Wearing on different fingers brings different effects, like how wearing on a middle finger bring prosperity.

And I can never forget the moment when I put mine on for the first time.

Putting in was easy, it’s the same as putting any other of my cosmetic jewellery. But this time, when it’s on, it’s different.

It wrapped neatly around my finger while the cabochon shone as it caught the chandelier lights in the gallery. Like years back how my father wrap my mom’s ring around her finger, they made a vow to each other.

But this time, I made a vow to myself.

I vow to be devoted to myself, to have a better life, to live in prosperity. Because I love myself, therefore I got myself a Lotus ring that has fengshui powers.

While I’m typing away at my keyboard, my Lotus ring is still on my left hand. While I honour my vows to have a better life, it’s honouring his to bring me a better life.

So, what have you vow to yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment