Tuesday, October 13, 2015

... Or is it?

Today, I have a personal story to share with you.

Just few weeks ago , I was waiting alone at one of the MRT stations, waiting for someone. My head was down, scrolling mindlessly away on my phone. Then, someone call onto me, and the voice wasn't the person whom I was waiting for.

I looked up, and a smile beamed back at me. It was a friend whom I wasn't constantly in contact with, nor I was close to. I felt a bit awkward, and to be honest she have enough reasons not to call out to me and strike up maybe just another awkward conversation.


But we did anyway. And to my surprised, she is working at a prestigious company I interviewed at months ago.

But instead of looking happier, she looked tired, and her bags under her eyes had never been that bad as far as I could remember.

I told her I went for an interview months back, and I wasn't made an offer. She told me it was a blessing in disguise, because it wasn't a happy place like what we all had thought, even though she's a tough girl, she had been taking things day by day.


My memory flashed back to how disappointed I was back then, and wondered why my Lotus treasure didn't work magic for me.


But actually, it did. I was steered away from an upcoming unhappiness, just that I didn't think of it that way because things didn't work out exactly how I wanted them to be.


I heaved a sigh of relief upon, though I did feel sorry for her at the same time. At times I wanted to say, thank God for Lotus treasures (!), but other times I wondered if life would still be the life now if I decided not to start my journey with Lotus on Water 2 years back.

I believe I'm not the only one who pondered upon this question. But the truth is, we will never know, and we can never really find out. But like many of the other returning customers, we'd do it all over again if given another chance but this time, we'll start even earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment