Thursday, July 4, 2024

Speech by Mr Yamashita Hotei at the 5-8 Dec 2023 Tokyo Fengshui Calligraphy Exhibition

 


Hello everyone,
大家好,

I am honored to be here. I am Yamashita Hotei from Osaka. Nice to meet you.
我很荣幸能认识大家。我是从大阪来的山下方亭。请多多指教。

Now, when it comes to Singapore, there is a newspaper called Singapore Calligraphy News by Mr Tan Siah Kwee. I met him at Mr Luo Pengpeng’s exhibition, who’s from Beijing Fine Art Academy’s Department of Arts and Seal Carving. That newspaper is my source of information about Singapore.
说到新加坡,有一份叫《新加坡书法报》的报纸,由陈声桂先生主持。我是在北京艺术院篆刻艺术院的骆芃芃先生的个人画展上结识的。那份书法报是我唯一的新加坡信息来源。


Because Im not familiar with Master Yuns style, I actually have no information about Master Yun. So I asked him to send me photos of Master Yuns works. When I saw the works, I was truly shocked.
因为对云龙子大师的画风完全不了解,实际上,我完全不认识云大师。于是我请他把大师作品的照片发给我。当我看到这些作品时,真的感到震撼。

They incorporate seal script idioms into a variety of colors. I also write seal script, so I can read these seal script characters. These characters float within the paintings, and I was truly amazed by the teachers works.
这些作品在多样的色彩中融入了篆书成语。我也写篆书,我能读懂这些篆书。这些字浮现在画中,对老师的作品真的是非常震撼。

The characters appear in a mysterious swirl. The teachers expression and what I feel might differ. However, the works feel out of this world, as if they belong to another dimension.
这些文字出现在奇妙的漩涡中。老师的表达方式和我感受到的可能不同。然而,作品好像来自另一个世界,感觉这些作品属于那个世界。


I learnt a new method in the world of seal script expression. Today, not through mobile images, but by actually seeing many works, even though I can read seal script, it’s the first time I’ve seen this form of expression. I was really a bit surprised.
我学到了篆书的另一种表现方式。今天不是通过手机里的照片,而是实际欣赏许多作品,虽然能读懂篆书,但这样的表达方式也是第一次见,真的有点震撼。

Moreover, this profound world, this worldview, what kind of feeling does it give everyone? In my opinion, I really felt an unprecedented art. I wish the teacher continued success in the future.
此外,这个幽玄的世界,这种世界观,给大家带来什么样的感觉?我的感想是,真的感受到了前所未有的艺术。也祝愿老师大展宏图。

These have been my brief, but sincere thoughts and greetings.
以上是我的一些简短而诚挚的感想和问候。



到你旺了 Your turn to prosper: http://bit.ly/lotusjadeite
+65 8876 3970 (WhatsApp)
+65 8137 8024 (Cola)

或,直接PM我们。
Or, PM us directly.

富贵华丽,云龙子旺财馆。


Prosperity with Elegance, Lotus on Water.


No comments:

Post a Comment