Sunday, April 26, 2015

Why do I write for Lotus on Water?

This is a question I get a lot. And when I say a lot, I mean, a lot.

When people ask me this question, whom mostly are my friends who are also clients of Lotus on Water, they raised it like it's a forbidden question. They asked it in a tone which is softer than normal, raising one eye brow, and most of the time I can sense the underlying question, "Oh I didn't know you were dumb enough to give free labour?"

Other times they were "Are you even that free?" and "Why are you behaving like this is a religion?" Okay, you get the gist of it. But trust me when I say, I gained more out of this experience than I expected out of it.

So let me clarify myself- No, I am not behaving like a mindless terrorist who thinks I am doing the world a greater good by bombing a whole city, or even making sure every single one of you out there is wearing a piece of jadeite, though I do admit that I wasn't sure what I was going to benefit out of this, or even what to expect, when I first agreed to join the class. (Yes, now you know, there is a class.)

When Master Yun asked if I was interested to join the class, I agreed partly because he is a respectable person (and I'm honored to be invited by him), and partly agreed out of sheer curiousity. I told myself since I had been writing quite a fair bit in my own leisure time, it wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

But the main reason of all, speaking on behalf on the rest of the classmates,  I believe it's because each of the students in the class personally experienced good feedback from the Universe after wearing lotus items, that made us grateful enough to want to contribute back to Lotus on Water.

It's a pity that our society are raised to believe before we put in any effort for anything,  we should be promised to a substantial amount of compensation, justifiably more than what we are going to put in, before we even we contribute.

However, if you turned down most of opportunities to contribute just because you feel like you are on the losing end, you are not going to receive, at all.

For me, I love pening down my thoughts. For some others, they may not. But in the class itself, we didn't just write. We wrote, we presented, we gave each other feedbacks, we made our first video, we made new friends. Sometimes it's not just about physical, monetary gains, it's about the new skills, or polishing up the current ones, that may bring us greater opportunities, maybe even more than money, in the future.

Don't get confuse though. When you received an email asking you to remit money to their overseas bank account in order for you to receive your lucky draw prize of 100 million dollars, don't do it. No, Lotus on Water didn't ask me to, but I've been with them for quite a while now, and it's legitimate, therefore I know I'll be okay for what I signed up for.

Karma works in the most mysterious way- you have to give in order to receive; and if you received it, pass it along by giving it back. But if you keep thinking about how much you are gonna receive before even trying, you are gonna receive a lot less than if you do otherwise.

--Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment