Thursday, September 8, 2016

I Am Honored: My First Sacred Ring of Lotus Loyalty

I am honored. 

Thank you Master Yun for bestowing upon me my first Scared Ring of Lotus Loyalty.

Recently, a friend, whom I have not spoken with for quite some time, asked if I was still doing what I do -- with the Lotus, and would I be doing something else. I answered instinctively: this is a lifetime career!

Honesty, the thought of doing something else, or at somewhere else, has never crossed my mind.

When I let go of my masters offers in Columbia and Duke, and came back to the Lotus, I knew the Lotus was in a challenging state, besieged by enemies, but I had no fears or doubts. Never a moment that I thought that it would not work. 

Perhaps it was blind faith. I just believed with all the fengshui and righteous intentions, surely can make it. Or perhaps the desire to do great things overwhelmed the odds of failure.


Since 2011, the Lotus really has achieved "some" great things. With the reach of the internet, reputation and good faith, we are speaking to clients of different race and religion around the globe. Every other day, I am tapping into the reservoir of knowledge, learning and researching more along the way, sharing sensible, authentic and applicable knowledge of Chinese philosophy and culture to the world. Returning the fengshui culture to its former glory, that it is not a mere gimmicky cheap-Charlie superstition.

And recently, the Lotus awarded its 4th Gold Medal Award (Chinese faculty, NTU). From the ground, we know the Gold Medal and Book Prizes have focused the students to write better thesis, to aspire for excellence, and hopefully it has also contributed to the growing cohort of the Chinese faculty. More and more people are majoring in Chinese in NTU, this was unimaginable in my times -- think about it, it's amazing!

But I digressed. I also must thank YOU -- blessed clients who gave me your trust and commitment along the way. It is US who affirm that our future and fortune are worthy of greatness. It is US, together, who affirm that some "old-fashioned" values are still the best -- authenticity, responsibility, loyalty...

"Cut-and-run" simply doesn't make it. I believe not with the Lotus, not anywhere else. Especially not with the Lotus. Persistence is definitely in the recipe for success. And when we deal with matters of future and fortune, how can one's words be proven without the test of time?

That's my loyalty to the culture, to the Lotus, to the cause.

Thank you, and may all who stand by greatness achieve many, many more years of prosperity. 

-- Kan Ying Loong, Executive Director
(originally posted here:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1222869834451559&set=a.301337616604790.69609.100001856635147&type=3&theater)

No comments:

Post a Comment