Friday, May 2, 2014

"I told my business partner, don't bother doing fengshui": a conversation with Mr C

Mr C offers a piece of sandalwood incense to a majestic tri-crystal Guan Gong statue. The Guan Gong is the martial God of Wealth. He protects the riches and brings in more righteous wealth for the blessed one. Mr C is the blessed one. This tri-crystal Guan Gong has a red ribbon around it. It belongs to Mr C. Once his new house is done, Mr C will set this Guan Gong at the entrance of his place. 

The tri-crystal Guan Gong.
This is a Saturday. Mr C comes nearly every Saturday to relax from the intense work week, and eyes for new collections to be placed at his office and new home.

Mr C is building a new house, just one street away from where he stays now. It will be 5 floors, including a basement with swimming pool, and an attic, where he plans to build a gallery to house the best Buddha and deity sculptures. I saw the floor plans and the artist impression. It looks like a palace.

Mr C: I told my business partner, don't bother doing fengshui. Why spend that amount of money buying jade and placing all these crystals when you are just waiting for money to drop on your lap?

Mr C takes a sip of the Lotus tea. It's aged Pu'er infused with essence of sandalwood and agarwood. He loves it. It makes him calm, so he can think. And with the sandalwood and agarwood essence, the Lotus tea prospers those wearing the Lotus jadeite too.

Mr C: I mean, think about this. If God of Wealth pushes a stack of cash in front of you, and you stay put. You just sit there, do nothing. And you expect to get the cash. Kan, you tell me, how would it be possible?

Kan: Yes I agree. The best earthly treasures to get the good luck, and the unwavering human will to grab it all. 

Mr C: You know when I went to bid for the 10 million SGD project, I wasn't sure whether my company can make it or not. 

Kan: But you went ahead. That took courage.

Mr C: I buy your jadeite. I buy the crystals, the Guanyin, the crystal dragon, for my home and office. All these, I believe, are here to give me chances. They open up doors for me. And I have to step in myself. And I got it.

I knew Mr C since 2011. His first Lotus jadeite is the Laughing Buddha with ingots. He passed by the gallery, and felt there was an attraction. Maybe it was the bright lights, maybe it was the shining crystals. Mr C took off his shoes and stepped in. He felt the lush carpet warmed his feet. The divine tea warmed his throat. He has always been a believer of the Laughing Buddha, so he asked for Laughing Buddha pendant. He saw it, and if you ask him now, he would say he couldn't have asked for better. It was about 9k SGD. Mr C was feeling more than a pinch. 

Then, his business was small. It was an one-office business. There were issues. Cashflow issues too. But he knew he has to do something to turn the situation around, to make it better, to prosper. 

In July 2013, Mr C showed me his grand plans of a new office. He is moving his office to a new premise. A 5 floor building. Expanding his headcount from 30 to 300. The Laughing Buddha with ingots warmed his soul.

The Lotus jadeite Laughing Buddha with ingots. This is what Mr C started with.
Anxiety crept in around November 2013, when new expenses were high, and the company was still getting used to the expansion. Business was there but not fast enough.

Mr C kept on to his faith. He prayed. Prayed hard. He lighted his incense religiously. He added a Heaven and Earth jadeite ring to boost the wealth power, to increase his chances of clinching deals. Mr C pulled through. The heavens and earths rewarded him with a surprise deal of 10 million SGD. His single highest deal ever.


This is Mr C's Heaven and Earth jadeite ring.
Mr C: I believe in luck. That's why I buy what you tell me to buy. I believe in ability too. I got to make the best of what Buddha gives me. I have to make it happen, right Kan?

Kan: Luck and ability. Couldn't say it better myself.

Mr C: I believe this is what your fengshui does for me. Kan, it now presents to me a 100 million SGD deal. This deal is 10 times more than the 10 million deal I just secured last month.

Kan: 100 million SGD? Congrats Mr C! This is it. Remember  when you celebrated the expansion of your company? You told your shareholders you want 1 billion for this first year - you are on your way, and spring isn't even over.

Mr C: If I rejected that 10 million deal, or that 10 million SGD deal didn't come to me, I would never have the courage to try for this 100 million deal. All these fengshui I have done, all these Lotus jade and crystals I bought, they bring my power to another stage. Now, I just have to go grab it.

No comments:

Post a Comment