Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sailing It Through



Life is just like sailing. Sometimes you meet with a strong wind that helps you to go a distance further, and sometimes you meet with the strong sun and peaceful tides, that's when you might wanna lay back and take a break. And of course there will be times that the rough tides and waves will come, putting your persistence, willpower, courage and faith to the test.

I came all the way from a small town in Malaysia to Singapore to study and earn a living, building my career along the way. I am lucky that I went to the collage that I desired, ace-ing my grades with flying colors. I got a job, met nice people, got promoted, and earned enough for me to lead a comfortable life style.

I come into realization that I needed a change when the industry I was working in was slowing made redundant. So, I decided I needed a new job. But instead of staying in my current job while looking out for a new one, I decided to resign first before securing one, because I believed I can definitely get a new, better job fast with my capability.

Unexpectedly, for almost a year, I did the same thing everyday-- looking through job postings, sending resume. I had lost faith in myself. I woke up hope everyday, but ended up going to bed with despair every night.

I still remember that night when my loved one and I walk passed Lotus On Water Gallery after dinner. The glamorous light attracted our attention. We noted down the gallery's name, went home and looked it up. We realized the price tag on each piece of jadeite was totally out of our budget. However, as desperately needed a change to our situation, we got myself my first piece of jadeite.

Not long after, my life changed drastically. Money started flowing in and not long after, I was earning the same as what I used to during the good times. And not just that, but I was able to reflect on myself deeper level, face my fears and even overcome my fears.

I found the courage within me, I found the faith within me, I found myself.

Now, I am working in a totally different industry,  in a new environment, with new people, and new challenges. I had Lotus On Water jadeite sailing me through the rough wave before, and I believe the it's gonna continue sailing me through any upcoming challenges in life, creating new history.


No comments:

Post a Comment