Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Awakening of a stronger self

Previously before getting to know the Lotus, I wasn’t ready to work hard. Constantly brainwashing myself that we should be contented in life and that is what which will bring happiness. Does this sounds familiar to you?

I joined Lotus on Water in April. And that was right after the passing of the Singapore's founding father Mr Lee Kuan Yew which had a huge influence on me because of that entire week of recollections of his achievement. As part of the younger generation i wasn't well researched about him until it was all recalled and televised. In just that one week of footages on television, I know more about him than the entire 25 years of my life. It was truly inspiring and touching, it made me question my belief which I held in the past, a non believer of hard work and accepting whatever which comes my way. Looking at how much hard work Mr Lee Kuan Yew has put in to build Singapore into what it is today, the message was clear. 

It’s a good preparation for me, my mentality, before becoming part of the Lotus. If it was not for this wake up call, my journey with the Lotus would be quite different, in a not so good way. Having new colleagues now, Rao and Veyini and looking at them made me recall of the times when I first started out working in Lotus on Water. Looking back at the past 6 months, I am very thankful to Master Yun, Mr Kan and all my colleagues for the trainings and the faith they have shown me. 

Despite me now being able to speak to clients independently, there is still a long way to go and the realisation I have gotten from the videos of Mr Lee Kuan Yew gives me the strength and persistence to push myself to learn. Getting to know the followers on the Lotus also help in my mentality. If I remembered correctly, Pook was the first one I spoke to and his sharing about his experience with the Lotus gave me an insight about what is it all about.

And also knowing the principle deep down in my heart that success loves preparation, how much you are willing to put in will decide how successful you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment