Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Tiger Orchid

This is not sugar cane plant though from a far it looks like one.

This is call The Tiger Orchid. Why? Maybe because of the stripes on its petal.

But the amazing thing of this orchid is not the stripe. The whole plant is huge. Some of them so huge that it takes three people to hug it.

Again the amazing thing is not that it's huge. The plant may not flower even if it's so very huge. The plant may not flower for as long as years. And you begin to ask, will it ever flower? Or... Is it really orchid? Maybe it's just a sugar cane.
 


 In fact I have seen it lying on the ground for years. And I scorn in my heart..., sure it will ever flower?

It never flowers when the weather is peaceful and reasonable. It flowers when there is hot weather, dry for a long period of time, and a sudden downpour for continuous days. Which happens this year.

This is the first time I see it blooms. They exhibited it at the garden exhibition at Garden by the Bay. And it blooms gloriously, hundreds of flowers one single plant. And it will last for one to three months. 


So I bought one and placed it right in front of our gallery. This pot is beginning to bloom and you will see it flourish into a full flame of flowers very soon.

It reminds me a phrase I heard in a movie:
"If you are a man of faith, no miracle is needed; if you are not a man of faith, no miracles would be enough."

I like the flowers though I find the name Tiger Orchid rather uninspiring.

If it's me, I call it The Faith Challenging Miracle.

-- Master Yun Long Zi, 30 August 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment