Saturday, November 19, 2022

Daily Important Task





These two videos by Ray Dalio teach us about finance and economy in a fun and easy way (my daily routine of point 4). Albeit, after Watching them more than five times in a stretch of 2 years, there is still something I can learn every time I re-watch it again.

Although it is talking about country and the world, (the big team), I believe it is applicable to a company and family (the small team). If we follow a certain good principles, things will work.

I believe in learning from different cultures (also from our own Chinese culture of course). Every culture has something positive for us to emulate and something negative that we should avoid.

Learn From Great Man

The Jews has something good we can learn from (that’s why they are the most brilliant and prosperous race in the world). What I see as the strength of their culture is that they observe the sabbath day 安息日.

One day a week, they are not allowed to work. And not even allowed to cook (forbid the use of fire and electricity). They spend time praying and reading Bible/ Talmud 塔木德. Then they spend time arguing and debating ( something very similar to the classic critical reading and writing that universities are teaching, and that’s why I believe in the benefit of thesis writing).

I believe this is why the Jewish race is intelligent, productive and thus prosperous.

So how I transfer this benefit into my life and my team? We cannot afford a whole day of sabbath. What we do is to delegate the best hours of at least four days a week (so four hours a week), to watch each day a certain documentary for 15 minutes. Then each member of my team will need to answer and present three questions: what have I learned? How do I apply this in my life? How do I apply this to Lotus on Water?

So these two videos are the documentaries we watch and learn together in these two weeks.

After the presentation , I will cross examine each member the logic and sensibility of what they say, like how my English Literature lecturers did to me.

Time is the friend of good habits and enemy of bad habits. We have been doing this for decades. (Yes). As a team. The more we do, the sharper we became. And Kan has been trained by me like this for 25 years.


Is there any wonder why he was the top student in his class when he was in Peking University?

I don’t have children, but I suppose if I do have, I will spend the best hours of the day doing this with them.

We may not be the wealthiest people, but definitely we have a team of talented members, talents sharpen each day for as long as they are with us. And this competitive power is not easily surpassed.

At the same time, why am I sharing this “secret”? I believe I have the basic mentality of a Confucius ideal . To create a 大同世界(I translate it as “a grand universe of common and mutual prosperity and benefits” 大一统,团结,相互认同而互利的世界。)

Ultimately we don’t become truly prosperous by competition (if not,all the miss universe and the Olympic champions will be the wealthiest people in the world), we become prosperous when all become prosperous and harmonious by creating a “Grand Siècle” 太平盛世。and that’s also why we say “宁为太平狗,不为乱世人。

The poorest in the Grand Siècle is more prosperous than the richest in wartime.


Thank you for taking the patience to read. I am going to circle point 6 in my dairy now.



-- Master Yun Long Zi


到你旺了 Your turn to prosper: http://bit.ly/lotusjadeite
+65 8876 3970 (WhatsApp)
+65 8137 8024 (Cola)

或,直接PM我们。
Or, PM us directly.

富贵华丽,云龙子旺财馆。

Prosperity with Elegance, Lotus on Water.

No comments:

Post a Comment