Monday, January 26, 2015

How Lotus treasures turn my dreadful presentation into a successful one?

I was in my previous job as a stock broker, that I was ‘arrowed’ or tasked to do a presentation that is something out of my scope (wordy regulations) to two very important people.
 
The day came for me to step up to the front of a packed conference room.  As I began I was very relaxed as I know I had did my work homework and my fengshui homework, I continued till the end with confidence and in pace.  And then comes the Q&A.  This is when it becomes a courtroom.
 
I was probed by the group chairman, who owned the firm and is a billionaire, as well as the HR director, who was known as unforgivingly direct.  I answered them appropriately.  And as they looked for uncovered areas, I expectedly stumbled.  I gave my best shot and they, to everyone’s surprise, became my benefactors by talking lovingly and caringly like a grandfather and grand-auntie to their grand-son.  They saw that I had done my best but wanted to make it better.  I was touched and felt very relieved when I managed to set the successful momentum for the rest of the presenters to follow.  In my 4 years at the company, never was this ever accomplished.  Not with any other staff of presentation.  I can say I was the first.

I thought to myself, my exquisite jadeite pendant did work to pull the Chairman and HR Director in my favour and my duanxi plum blossom inkstone did reduce the potential for arguments, turning them into benefactors instead.

How did I manage to be so successful?  I over-prep by consulting materials outside my company to gain new insights, and I diligently grind my duanxi inkstone in 6 repetitions as prescribed, while visualizing the desired outcome of a smooth and successful presentation. Holding on to my exquisite jadeite pendant which is a dragon-head ruyi, I recalled the emperor used jadeite and ruyi meant everything should go in my way.
 
I now had a win for myself, my department and my firm.  You too, can score a winning goal for yourself at Lotus on Water by getting a Lotus Ruyi Dragon exquisite pendant like mine, and a duanxi inkstone to grind away all the worries.


My Lotus Ruyi Dragon that won over a victory (left) &
Lotus Dragon Ruyi that is still available at Lotus on Water  Exquisite Gallery (right)

My Lotus Duanxi Plum Blossom inkstone that reduce all arguments to a minimal (left) &
Duanxi Keng Zai inkstone still available at Lotus on Water Gallery
 --- Leonard

No comments:

Post a Comment