Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Dinner with a Musician

I met up with an old friend, who is a musician, and had dinner with her a couple of days ago.

I have not seen her for years. And she is doing well. She is a Chinese orchestra conductor who has helped many many Chinese orchestras win many trophies. She has always been a capable woman, a capable musician ever since I knew her. She was married last year and her husband is doing increasingly well.

I am very happy for her.

She told me she is thinking of stepping down from certain roles and responsibilities to focus more on her family life. And I am glad she has the option to do so.

This morning I thought of her again. And I was wishing something from her. 

I wish that she would compose more music pieces - Chinese music pieces, and happy Chinese music pieces, to be precised. 



Be happy. Smile, and prosperity shall follow.

Our gallery plays only Chinese music. We used to play the very famous "The Butterfly Lovers" but recently I found it rather sad. I want the music of my gallery to remind all of us a "happy ending" rather than a "sad ending".

I went to shop for Chinese music that is optimistic, happy, blissful, something that would lift up the human energy and spirit. There's very few. Except for Chinese New Year songs.

As a person whose calling is related to Chinese Culture, I wish that my Chinese orchestra composer friend, and to many other evangelists of the Chinese culture. Yes! We do need more sunshine, more optimism, more happiness in our arts and culture.

Let's all work harder to create this positive energy.

-- Master Yun Long Zi, 8 April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment