Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Feelings, Logic and Faith

Feelings are essential. They must be given by God, both the happy and sad feelings are. Imagine you don't feel pain when you bite your tongue. That's serious, isn't it?

Life will loose its beauty and attraction without the feelings of happiness and romance.

But feelings are not exclusive to human beings. Animals have feelings too.

So...What makes human beings superior to animals? It's logic.

Logic makes us superior because animals perform very little (almost none) in logic. Contrary to most people saying that "feelings make us human," it is in fact, logic that makes us human.

Logic has many other names and adjectives, such as: common sense, sensibility, thinking, scientific, philosophical...And logic bridges the mind of one person with another. For each of us has our own unique feelings, but when we use logic, then there will be a common ground for us to begin our communication with.

So I believe in logic, precisely because I am human. I believe in planning, budgeting, focusing and also in keeping and fulfilling my promises. I believe I have to call a stone a stone, and a jade a jade. I believe in eating healthily, sleeping sufficiently and speaking honestly. Thus I believe in maintaining a high standard of quality in the products we sell, and I believe in not deviating from the essence of feng shui whether if people believe or disbelieve in me. And of course I believe in making profits as much as I believe in paying my rents.

Be logical. Go for the real and highest order of jadeite. Have faith. Believe in the real and highest order of jadeite.

Then it comes to "Faith". Faith does not operate without the presence of logic. It comes within and above logic.

How does Faith comes within logic?

When I started out my business, I believe I should sell only feng shui collections that are real and authentic. I do not believe that just because my clients believe in me (faith) then I can call a piece of plastic, or glass, or stone or any other kind of fake jade, a jade and it still works. I did not know if people are willing to pay such a high price for a real thing, thus I started out from home. The business boomed and I opened one shop after another. It's faith operating within logic.

And Faith operates above logic.

Ever since I started business, I told myself I must have a certain amount of money put into investment every single year.

I had a huge and beautiful crystal Guan Yin that has nine lotuses around her. Our price tag was above a million Singapore dollars . A couple of years ago, the staff in charge of it broke one lotus. I felt as though a brick has struck my head.

To comfort me, the managers then persuaded me to stick the crystal lotus back with silicon and still sell it. I refused. I went to take down the price tag and replaced it with a tag that says: "Not for Sale."

I sighed and talked to myself: "Maybe this year is the first year of my doing business that I have got no money left for investment."

That same year, I received more than a million cash out of a source I have never imagined. That year I invested in an investment biggest that what I have ever invested. It has also proven to make the highest amount of return afterwards.

Today, that Guan Yin is still sitting in front of my Lotus on Water Exquisite Buddha Sculpture Gallery. It is still, not for sale.

It reminds us that Faith operates within and above logic.

-- Master Yun Long Zi, 12 April 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment