Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Master Yun And His Inspirations: A Conversaton Between Master Yun And His Friend


JT:

Where u get all these inspirations?

Master Yun:

Remember, before you knew me as a feng shui master, you knew me as one who paints and does all things art.

History repeats itself.

JT:

Oh yes! Now l remember the Anderson Primary School Chinese art room - so what are you painting now, I can go to your gallery to look at your exquisite art work.

Master Yun:

And I don't know if you agree with me?

Being an artist is more than being skillful with your hands. People who are merely skillful with their hands are just craftsman.

Artists need to have a deep rooted knowledge of history, culture and human spirit and aspirations.
Which I believe you agree, due to my study and my career, I am better than most people.
And it's from these, I drew my inspiration from.

JT: 

Indeed! Interesting.

Master Yun:

People with a deep knowledge of history, culture and humanity will then not produce work that's empty, just for the sake of decoration. 

Their works will be an expression of their wisdom, their vision, their inspiration. 

Their work will then not be childish, and empty. Nor just to please one or two people. 

Their work will have a story to tell, a deep insight to explore, and a vast world to discover, and a sophisticated sense to enjoy.

Their work will then have a real and renew manifestation of the word "art". 

I suppose you would agree that in this definition of what art should be, my work does fit.

And also...

A real artist would have a high level of dignity (or to use a simple term, self-respect),

He would not allow works with his name imprinted on, and with his hand meddled with, to descend into the level of mediocrity. 

And as a friend who knows me, especially all the difficult sides of me, knows that I do fit well with this word.

No comments:

Post a Comment